Thursday, August 21, 2008



I designed this panel to be inserted into a light box, as a house warming gift for my step son and his wife when they moved to Az. He had requested a lighthouse, as he felt he wouldn't be seeing one very soon.

I drew this scene, in charcoals, when I was a teen, while on vacation with my parents. I didn't find a scene that appealed to me, so I took my drawing and turned it into a stained glass pattern. Unfortunately I had not attached the cat walk to the panel when this picture was taken.
The original charcoal drawing that was done in the early 60's, is shown on top.
©Stained Glass Creations from Designs by JFA






2 comments:

Sapphire Glass Creations said...

Joan, I love the lighthouse(one of my favorite things). I'm working on a panel to be inserted into a lightbox as well.

Designs by JFA said...

Thanks Diane.