Sunday, September 7, 2008

Custom Stained Glass Claddagh

I designed this stained glass claddagh for my Aunt Mickey at the time of her 50th wedding anniversary. The claddagh is the Irish symbol for love, so I thought it to be a fitting gift for the occasion.
The thumbs are done as an overlay, to add some dimension to the panel.
The color of the flesh is distorted due to the bleed through of the red onto the light colored flesh glass.

My aunt has a collection of claddahs. She has commissioned me to design a lampshade with claddahs for her next addition to the collection.


©Stained Glass Creations from Designs by JFA

2 comments:

stef said...

I love it! That is a beautiful piece of creative work!

Designs by JFA said...

Thanks Stef. My Aunt has now commissioned me to design a panel lamp with the claddagh in it along with shamrocks I would like to talk her into doing celtic knots instead of the shamrocks.
Love your favorate step Mom.